The proposal site is located on land at the Buckerell Lodge Hotel, Topsham Road, Exeter.
McCarthy Stone’s initial plans propose to redevelop the site with:
- A high-quality Retirement Living development featuring approximately 64 one-and two-bedroom apartments for private sale, part-rent part-buy and rent
- Tailored shared facilities within the building, including a communal lounge with a kitchenette and a hotel-style guest suite
- One building of two and three storeys in height, stepping down to two-storeys towards the west of the site to respect the neighbouring properties
- A ‘U’-shaped building around a central landscaped garden, that helps the building to maintain a reasonable distance from the neighbouring boundaries to minimise potential overlooking
- Parking for 43 cars, reflective of the site’s sustainable location associated with this type of development, including disabled, electric and visitor parking at the side of the building, where the hotel previously had a car parking area
A varied palette of traditional and contemporary materials to ensure the proposals respond to and reflect the local areaA variety of recesses and projections of the front wall line combined with the change in materials help to create visual interestA separate internal cycle and mobility scooter storage hub with charging points, reflecting the site’s sustainable location
- Attractive landscaped outdoor spaces, including a communal garden area at the front of the building and within the internal courtyard, as well as the retention and enhancement of the majority of trees on-site to create a pleasant residential environment and maintain the existing, natural screen along Topsham Road
For more information about our proposals for the site, please view our virtual exhibition.